Eco-craft : recycle-recraft-restyle / Susan Wasinger.
- 1 of 1 copy available at LARL/NWRL Consortium.
- 1 of 1 copy available at Lake Agassiz Regional Library. (Show preferred library)
0 current holds with 1 total copy.
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status||Due Date|
|Breckenridge Public Library||745.5 WAS (Text)||33500010108306||Main||Available||-|
- ISBN: 9781600593437 (hc-plc with jacket : alk. paper)
- ISBN: 1600593437 (hc-plc with jacket : alk. paper)
- Physical Description: 128 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
- Edition: 1st ed.
- Publisher: New York : Lark Books, 2009.
|General Note:|| Includes index.
- Booklist Reviews : Booklist Reviews 2009 April #2
*Starred Review* So many so-called green books are littered with sage statistics and alarmist statements but contain little to no practical, everyday ecological ideas. Colorado-based designer and Natural Home editor Wasinger quietly promotes her own brand of sustainability, starting with the materials (recycled paper with agri-based ink) used to fashion her 30-item craft collection. Everything here is fresh in terms of style, dynamic, and fairly easy to complete, thanks to the step-by-step color photographs, well-labeled directions, and notes to ensure a quality finished product. Skills are not difficult to acquire, whether it is simple cutting and taping or carpentry. Plus, the designs are impressive: bamboo trays, an old-suitcase given new life in "tray jolie,"and a six-pack screen that separates rooms, among many other items. Finally, the layout not only complements the author's eco-theme but also calls attention to the important elements of the different crafts to make. Doing good was never so satisfying. Copyright 2009 Booklist Reviews.
Search for related items by subject
Salvage (Waste, etc.)