Compass of dreams #2
- 1 of 1 copy available at LARL/NWRL Consortium.
- 1 of 1 copy available at Lake Agassiz Regional Library. (Show preferred library)
0 current holds with 1 total copy.
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status||Due Date|
|Crookston Public Library||J BAC (Text)||33500012053807||Main||Available||-|
- ISBN: 9781434265173 (library binding)
- ISBN: 143426517X (library binding)
- ISBN: 9781623701574 (paper over board)
- ISBN: 1623701570 (paper over board)
- ISBN: 9781434265203 (pbk.)
- ISBN: 143426520X (pbk.)
- ISBN: 9781496500731 (ebook)
237 pages : illustrations ; 20 cm.
- Publisher: North Mankato, Minnesota : Stone Arch Books, a Capstone imprint, 2015.
|Summary, etc.:||Life in the small town of Applecross has gotten stranger since the Lily family took over the magical Enchanted Emporium--but when animals start to vanish from the area, fourteen-year-old Finley McPhee finds himself caught up in the mystery of the missing Sherwood Compass and the legend of the Green Man.|
|Target Audience Note:||
- Booklist Reviews : Booklist Reviews 2015 March #1
The second installment of Baccalario's (Suitcase of Stars, 2014) Enchanted Emporium series finds Finley McPhee, now 14 and the reluctant defender of the Enchanted Emporium, conducting tourism research as a "beach tester" in his hometown of Applecross, Scotland. When sheep and other livestock begin vanishing from farms, he cannot shake the feeling that the disappearances have to do with the strange intruder he glimpsed in his father's fields late one night. Aiby Lily, daughter of the Emporium's owner, agrees, and the pair begins investigating the legend of the Green Man, a creature with supernatural powers who lives in the woods. To recover the missing animals, Finley and Aiby must first find the Sherwood Compass, a magical instrument that has the power to locate the Green Man. Aiby and Finley have a comically antagonistic relationship, bickering constantly as they work together battling mustache-twirling villains. Rapid pacing propels the story, while intricate illustrations of the Emporium's magical items provide opportunities for readers to linger among its treasures. Perfect for graduates of the Spiderwick Chronicles. Copyright 2014 Booklist Reviews.
Search for related items by subject