D(L)akota star map constellation guidebook : an introduction to D(L)akota star knowledge / Annette S. Lee, Jim Rock, Charlene O'Rourke.
- 2 of 2 copies available at LARL/NWRL Consortium.
- 2 of 2 copies available at Lake Agassiz Regional Library. (Show preferred library)
0 current holds with 2 total copies.
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status||Due Date|
|Crookston Public Library||970.3 LEE (Text)||33500012761433||Main||Available||-|
|Moorhead Public Library||970.3 LEE (Text)||33500013171434||Main||Available||-|
- ISBN: 9780692232545
- ISBN: 0692232540
- Physical Description: 49 pages : color illustrations, maps ; 22 cm
- Publisher: [St. Cloud, Minnesota] : [Native Skywatchers], 2014.
- Manufacturer: North Rocks, CA : Lightning Source-Ingram Spark
- Copyright: ©2014
MN American Indian literature.
Appendix includes D(L)akota celestial vocabulary.
|Bibliography, etc. Note:||
Includes bibliographical references (pages 48-49).
"This book is an outgrowth of Native Skywatchers research and programming ... We seek to address the crisis of the loss of the indigenous star knowledge, specifically the Dakota and Ojibwe who are the native peoples of Minnesota ... Together, we have created two astronomically accurate and culturally important star maps, Ojibwe Giizhig Anung Masinaa'igan - Ojibwe Sky Star Map and Makoce Wicanhpi Wowapi - D(L)akota Sky Star Map, which were first disseminated to regional educators at a Native Skywatchers Middle School Teacher workshop in June 2012"--Introduction.
Search for related items by subject