First laugh : welcome, baby! / Rose Ann Tahe and Nancy Bo Flood ; illustrated by Jonathan Nelson.
- 1 of 1 copy available at LARL/NWRL Consortium.
- 1 of 1 copy available at Lake Agassiz Regional Library. (Show preferred library)
0 current holds with 1 total copy.
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status||Due Date|
|Moorhead Public Library||E T (Text)||33500013292628||Main||Available||-|
- ISBN: 9781580897945
- ISBN: 1580897940
- Physical Description: 1 volume (unpaged) : color illustrations ; 23 x 25 cm
- Publisher: Watertown, MA : Charlesbridge, 
MN American Indian literature.
|Bibliography, etc. Note:||
Includes bibliographical references.
"A Navajo family welcomes a new baby into the family with love and ceremony, eagerly waiting for that first special laugh. Includes brief description of birth customs in different cultures."-- (Source of summary not specified)
|Study Program Information Note:||
Accelerated Reader AR LG 2.1 0.5 197017.
* Rose Ann Tahe was born into the Naaneesh't'ezhi Tachii'nii nish'li (The Charcoal Streaked Division of the Red Running Into the Water Clan), born for Ashiihi bashish'chiin (Salt People Clan). Rose held a doctoral degree in elementary education leadership and a master's degree in elementary education. Rose died in 2015, and her son and three daughters support this posthumous publication.
* Nancy Bo Flood was a research psychologist and studied brain development at the University of Minnesota and the University of London before writing books for children. She has a special interest in legends and folklore. Her titles include Soldier Sister, Fly Home; Warriors in the Crossfire; and Cowboy Up! Ride the Navajo Rodeo.
* Jonathan Nelson is a Navajo graphic designer, graphic artist, and illustrator. He is Kiiyaa'áanii (Towering House Clan) and Naakai Dine'é (Mexican Clan). Johnny designs and creates art and illustrations with paints, pixels, and ballpoint pens. Jonathan lives outside Denver, Colorado.
Search for related items by subject
|Genre:||Picture books for children.